11/23/19 Biomes

In class we are learning about biomes. Biomes are the habitats and places animals and humans live in. I am doing the Temperate Forest Biome. The reason I wanted the Temperate Forest is because red pandas live in it and I really love red pandas. We get to make our biomes in a cardboard shoebox and use all different materials like styrofoam balls and such. We also have to make a Wix site, which is fun and hard at the same time, because I am not very familiar with. I usually only use Google Docs, but this is good because it spreads my ability to work with sites I am not familiar with.

I will be learning a lot about biomes this year and especially about red pandas. Aren’t they sooo cute? Here are some cool facts I thought I could share with you: Did you know that a red panda can eat around 20,000 bamboo leaves in one day? The second name they have for themselves is Fire Fox because of their size and color. At night, they can keep themselves warm by wrapping their tails around themselves.

Red pandas live in places like China, Nepal, Myanmar (Burma), and in central China. For my biome, I will be studying the Temperate forests of China.

How long do red pandas stay with their families before they leave their homes?

Can red pandas see color?

What is Aidan doing in the background of the picture?