Digestive System and Weird Project 11/15/20

This week we learned about the digestive system. We watched this creepy video of this dude, Slim Goodbody, and we were assigned a project. Our job is to take a “journey” through someone’s digestive system. We are supposed to write postcards about where we are at in the body, our “destinations”. I am going into Shane’s body. I think this is a little strange, but also really cool, seeing how there are all different ways to learn.

Our assignment for homework is to write 5 paragraphs about a disease or health issue, like bulimia or celiac disease. We got to choose which disease we would like to research, and I chose celiac disease because I thought it would be cool to learn more about, and I know people who have it, like my uncle.

Anyway, away from assignments, we did this really gross but amazing experiment in class on Thursday. We were put into two person groups, and one of us had to chew a saltine cracker for three minutes straight, and spit it into a cup. The other person had to crush a cracker and put it into another cup. Next, we put water into it, and then, iodine. The chewed cracker was a light purple color from the iodine, and mixed very well, but the crushed cracker did not mix very nicely. This is called chemical reaction, and it was very cool to witness.

Picture: Dylann and me stirring and staring 🙂

Questions: Will we have to go back virtual? Who invented the cello? Who decided to call the color red, red?