Barred Owl 10/6

Dear Mrs. Cuttatree,

PLEASE do not cut down my habitat! I live there with my 2 uncles, 3 aunts, 5 nanas, 4 grandpas, 8 cousins, 3 sisters, 2 brothers, and 1 mom and 1 dad. I am a barred owl, my name is MyLanda Ilovee.

My singing voice is quite beautiful if I do say so myself, but if you cut down my habitat I won’t be able to sing my famous song (who cooks for you? Who cooks for you all?). Usually owls have yellow eyes, but I have  dark brown, like the rest of my barred owl family. Since I am a girl, I am larger than the boys. My wingspan is 19.89 inches, and I weigh around 1.76 pounds.  like to eat small mammals, rabbits, birds, amphibians, reptiles, and things like that. I also love to eat crayfish. I also look a lot like the spotted owl. I really don’t think it is a good idea to cut down my habitat because if the owl population went down the mice and rodent population would probably go up.  And you don’t want that to happen, now do you? By doing this you are ruining my food source and my beloved home. Not only will my family and friends suffer but the other creatures that live in this beautiful place will too. 

I hope that you take this letter into consideration and think about what you might do to my home. 

Thank you!

love, Mylanda Ilovee

One thought on “Barred Owl 10/6

1. yass Audrey! I love your letter! I like how you started talking about the other animals in your habitat, and how it would effect man kind too! How tall is your owl?