Cat Allergies? 12/8/19

Do you have cat allergies? I love cats, but I have allergic reactions when I’m around them. So when I saw this article on Science News for Students I had to read it with the hopes of being able to one day get a cat. While I was reading I found out that cats have a protein in their saliva and urine that 20% of humans are allergic to. The protein is called Fel d1. This protein is what leaves you with  a stuffed up nose and itchy, watery eyes. The magical product that will help us is actually a cat food that scientists invented. They use an antibody from eggs and put it in the cat food. This antibody neutralizes the protein in the cat food so that when the human pets the cat the person won’t have as much of an allergic reaction. Scientists say that because this will only help with mild allergies and the because the protein will stick in the house hold and continue to get worse. The protein will accumulate and so will your allergies.

Humans cannot ingest this antibody and have it work. Scientists are not yet selling this product, because it may not work all the way, as you can read in the paragraph above this one. The scientists plan to learn more and research more about this solution. I really hope that the scientists can find a way to have it so that I am not allergic (and everyone else who is) to cats any more.

When will I be able to get a cat?

When will I be able to get an awesome car?

Can cats eat bananas?

The cat in this picture is cute!!